Virtual Paint Day! 55+ (workshop) - This event has already occurred
Friday, April 9, 2021 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Online - Zoom
View on Google Maps
Aging Well Together 55+
Local artist Allan O'Marra will walk you through how to, step by step from a blank canvas to your own masterpiece, a "Cherry Blossom", no experience necessary! This program will be offered virtually via the Zoom platform. Confirmed registrants will receive log in details prior to program start up.
- One 12” x 16” stretched canvas (available at Dollarama or craft store)
- One #8 round (pointed) synthetic acrylic brush AND one #8 flat synthetic acrylic brush (2 brushes, more if you have other size varieties)
- One large aluminum or white plastic plate for palette
- One HB graphite pencil (with eraser tip)
- Dollarama liquid acrylic colours - crafter’s-type paint in bottles, not thick tube paint):
- One each of: white, bright red, bright (cobalt) blue, cerulean (sky/tropical) blue, dark green, purple and burnt sienna (reddish-brown)
- Two yogurt-type buckets (for water)
- Have handy: J-cloth-type clean up cloth, paper towels, or box of tissues
NOTE: participants should wear old clothing or aprons. Acrylic paints dry quickly and are not removable once dried.
City of Pickering