Taste of the Trail - This event has already occurred
Saturday, August 17, 2019 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
7277 14th Avenue, Markham ON, L6B 1A8
View on Google Maps
Get ready for our signature summer event, Taste of the Trail! Come celebrate the agricultural and cultural heritage of Rouge National Urban Park. Get your fix of the great outdoors while satisfying your cravings with local treats. Meet some of our farmers in the park and discover the diversity of the Rouge.
Be prepared for an adventurous day—be sure to bring your lunch, reusable water bottles, and dress for the weather. On-site parking is limited, carpooling is recommended where possible. Coming from downtown Toronto? Take the FREE TD Rouge Express shuttle service to the park!
- Experience traditional campfire cooking methods with Pickering Museum Village and sample food from the early settlers.
- Savour a cob of sweet corn with a medley of flavours fresh out of the pot, provided by Sweet Ridge Farms.
- Learn about how our farmers get the food from their field to our tables with Markham Museum
- See how your favourite wool sweater is made with Windreach Farm
- Sample some delicious pancakes and local maple syrup with our Learn-to Camp team
- Join your favourite beaver, Parka, for a relaxing picnic and try some of her favourite treats
- So much more!
No registration required
Parks Canada - Rouge National Urban Park