Garba Bhakti- A night of dance of life!! - This event has already occurred
Friday, October 19, 2018 6:00 p.m. - 11:55 p.m.
Devi Mandir , 2590 Brock Road, Pickering , L1V2P8
View on Google Maps
Garba – The dance of life, is celebrated during the auspicious Navratri festival as a dance offering to Goddess Durga – the eternal source of cosmic creation.
The word Garba comes from the Sanskrit word for womb and so implies gestation or pregnancy — Life. Traditionally, the dance is performed around a traditional Oil Lamp, called a Garbha Deep ("womb lamp"). This lamp represents life, and the fetus in the womb in particular. The dancers thus honor Durga, the feminine form of divinity. Garba is performed in a circle as a symbol of the Hindu view of time. The rings of dancers revolve in cycles, as time in Hinduism is cyclical.
Anyone can participate and experience the glory of it..
* Fun, Fun and more Fun until midnight with Live DJ, blasting music and Movers & Shakers from the community !
* Free Entertainment & Recreational activities for kids - Onsite Childcare facility for the parents ready to hit the floor.
* Loads of Prizes to be won! - The Floor Smart, Best Couple, Best Attire to name a few!!!
* Complementary Garba & Dandiya Workshop Prior to Event. 14-OCT-2018 3:00 PM ONWARDS!
* Wide variety of Garba Dresses , Dandiya & Snacks will be available for Purchase (Cash Only)
* Huge community gathering to mingle and socialize
* Free parking
So why to wait?
Warm up your legs, take out your best ethnic dress Or even fuse it with your contemporary wardrobe!
Book Your Tickets Now !!!!
Proin gravida nibh vel velit auctor aliquet. Aenean sollicitudin, lorem quis bibendum auctor, nisi elit consequat ipsum. Proin condimentum fermentum nunc.