Garba Bhakti- A night of dance of life!! - This event has already occurred
Friday, October 19, 2018 6:00 p.m. - 11:55 p.m.
Devi Mandir , 2590 Brock Road, Pickering , L1V2P8
View on Google Maps
Garba – The dance of life, is celebrated during the auspicious Navratri festival as a dance offering to Goddess Durga – the eternal source of cosmic creation.
The word Garba comes from the Sanskrit word for womb and so implies gestation or pregnancy — Life. Traditionally, the dance is performed around a traditional Oil Lamp, called a Garbha Deep ("womb lamp"). This lamp represents life, and the fetus in the womb in particular. The dancers thus honor Durga, the feminine form of divinity. Garba is performed in a circle as a symbol of the Hindu view of time. The rings of dancers revolve in cycles, as time in Hinduism is cyclical.
Anyone can participate and experience the glory of it..
* Fun, Fun and more Fun until midnight with Live DJ, blasting music and Movers & Shakers from the community !
* Free Entertainment & Recreational activities for kids - Onsite Childcare facility for the parents ready to hit the floor.
* Loads of Prizes to be won! - The Floor Smart, Best Couple, Best Attire to name a few!!!
* Complementary Garba & Dandiya Workshop Prior to Event. 14-OCT-2018 3:00 PM ONWARDS!
* Wide variety of Garba Dresses , Dandiya & Snacks will be available for Purchase (Cash Only)
* Huge community gathering to mingle and socialize
* Free parking
So why to wait?
Warm up your legs, take out your best ethnic dress Or even fuse it with your contemporary wardrobe!
Book Your Tickets Now !!!!