Party in the Park with Tom Thomson - This event has already occurred
Saturday, October 14, 2017 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
4941 Old Brock Road, Claremont, ON
View on Google Maps
City of Pickering Great Events
Please join us for this celebration of the art, landscape, heritage, and culture of the legendary Tom Thomson. Tom Thomson was born in Pickering, and grew to become one of Canada's most recognized artists. Associated with the Group of Seven, Tom's iconic painting style captures the essence of Canadian wilderness and nature. Take a walk with Tom as we illuminate the night with Lights, Music, Dancing, Food, Nature, Folklore, Family, and Art.
Taste Tom's Food
- Sample fish, cooked over an open fire and fresh from the pan
- Enjoy a free BBQ courtsey of Da Costa's No Frills and served by the Claremont Lions Club (while supplies last).
Create with Tom
- Capture nature in a jar with glass and light, and add to the illuminated sculpture
- Paint like Tom would today
- Play while studying Nature
- Virtually paint of scenes of Pickering
Play with Tom
- Dance with DJ medicineman
- Ride a Canoe
- Take a turn at the fishing pond
- Join in Heritage Games
Explore with Tom
- Pull up a bale at the fireside or in one of the illuminated living history theatres
- Hear the music of Tom's era
- Watch a film, take in an exhibit, or try out one of the hands-on activities
We are pleased to be joined by experts from far and wide to celebrate this anniversary year including: Angie Littlefield, Durham Storytellers, Geoff Taylor, Ian Bell, Phil Chadwick, DJ medicineman and many more. Canada's Sesquicentennial marks the 140th anniversary of Tom Thomson's birth and 100th anniversary of his death.
The City of Pickering gratefully acknowledges the contributions of our sponsors and partners.
Event Illuminations sponsored by Veridian. BBQ sponsored by Da Costa No Frills.
Art Gallery of Ontario, Brougham Union Lodge #269, Claremont Lions Club, Durham West Arts Council Foundation, 9th Pickering Scouts, Pickering Historical Society, Pickering Museum Village, Pickering Public Library, Royal Canadian Legion Branch 483, Claremont General Store.
Proin gravida nibh vel velit auctor aliquet. Aenean sollicitudin, lorem quis bibendum auctor, nisi elit consequat ipsum. Proin condimentum fermentum nunc.